Beginners should start here. The Introductory threads explain how to start Sherpa and provide an overview of using the application.
- Starting Sherpa
- Obtaining data used in Sherpa threads
- Running Scripts in Sherpa
- Utilizing Sherpa's Parallelized Functions
- ChIPS commands, and the ChIPS GUI, are used from within Sherpa to customize plots and create hardcopy output (PS, PNG, JPG). Refer to the Introduction to ChIPS thread for an overview of using that program.
- Introduction to Fitting ASCII Data with Errors: Single-Component Source Models
- Introduction to Fitting PHA Spectra