CDA - Home
- The archive is fully functional.
- Reprocessing has been completed for
- Phase I: 2005-11-13 to 2011-12-31
- Phase II: 2000-01-30 to 2005-11-13
- ASCDSVER: 10.8
- CALDBVER: 188.8.131.52
- Chandra Footprint Service
The new secure Footprint Service can be found here
- Global Chandra Coverage
Check out the new Chandra MOC page.
- Browsers security warnings
Are Chandra Data Archive pages safe? See full announcement.
- Past Notices
Welcome to the Chandra Data Archive
The Chandra Data Archive (CDA) plays a central role in the operation of the Chandra X-ray Center (CXC) by providing support to the astronomical community in accessing Chandra data. The CDA offers access to digital archives through powerful query engines, including VO-compliant interfaces and also serves as a permanent storage repository of contributed data products by authors who have processed images or other pertinent and valuable datasets that are essential to their publications.
Access the Chandra Data Archive
- ChaSeR: Search & Retrieval interface for scientists, allowing specification of detailed selection criteria. Chandra Fast Image is a simplified quick search tool for Chandra X-ray images and other data for the general public.
- FTP: Direct FTP access to the primary and secondary data products for all observations that are publicly released.
- Cool Chandra Targets (formerly known as CATs): the list of approved Cool Chandra Targets (CCTs) programs, including the PI names, titles and abstracts.
- Footprint Service: A search by position or object name overlays the footprints of Chandra Observations on Digital Sky Survey images, allowing further selection and retrieval of observations.
- Chandra MOCs: Multi-Order Coverage maps (MOCs) for public Chandra observations, that can be used to visualize and analyze the global Chandra footprint.
- Chandra Source Catalog: The most comprehensive catalog of sources detected in public Chandra Observations. The catalog can be accessed through CSCview.
- CIAO Tools: There are command-line scripts for finding and downloading publicly-available Chandra data from the Archive. Please note that proprietary data can only be accessed using ChaSeR.
- find_chandra_obsid: The tool will find publicly available Chandra data that covers a circular region of sky (a point search can be used by setting the search radius to 0).
- download_chandra_obsid: The tool will download public data by ObsId from the Chandra archive.
- SDSS Cross-Match Catalog: A cross-matching service linking Chandra and SDSS sources.
- Bibliography Search: Simultaneous browsing of the archive and the literature with a large repertoire of selection criteria.
- Processing Status: Information on the processing status of Chandra observations.
- Special Requests: Requests for services not available through standard interfaces such as requesting a custom dataset identifier; requesting a custom database query; and many others.