CDA - Home
- The archive is fully functional.
- Reprocessing has been completed for
- Phase I: 2005-11-13 to 2011-12-31
- Phase II: 2000-01-30 to 2005-11-13
- ASCDSVER: 10.5.2
- CALDBVER: 4.7.3
- Take our Survey
We would like to ask you a few questions about the interfaces offered by the Chandra Data Archive to search and retrieve Chandra data. The questionnaire should not take more than 5 minutes. Thank you!
- Past Notices
Welcome to the Chandra Data Archive
The Chandra Data Archive (CDA) plays a central role in the operation of the Chandra X-ray Center (CXC) by providing support to the astronomical community in accessing Chandra data. The CDA offers access to digital archives through powerful query engines, including VO-compliant interfaces and also serves as a permanent storage repository of contributed data products by authors who have processed images or other pertinent and valuable datasets that are essential to their publications.
Access the Chantra Data Archive
- ChaSeR: Search & Retrieval interface for scientists, allowing specification of detailed selection criteria. Chandra Fast Image is a simplified quick search tool for Chandra X-ray images and other data for the general public.
- Footprint Service: A search by position or object name overlays the footprints of Chandra Observations on Digital Sky Survey images, allowing further selection and retrieval of observations.
- Chandra Source Catalog: The most comprehensive catalog of sources detected in public Chandra Observations. The catalog can be accessed through CSCview.
- SDSS Cross-Match Catalog: A cross-matching service linking Chandra and SDSS sources.
- Bibliography Search: Simultaneous browsing of the archive and the literature with a large repertoire of selection criteria.
- FTP: Direct FTP access to the primary and secondary data products for all observations that are publicly released.
- Processing Status: Information on the processing status of Chandra observations.
- Special Requests: Requests for services not available through standard interfaces such as requesting a custom dataset identifier; requesting a custom database query; and many others.