CDA - ChandraDeepFieldS Dataset
- Public Data
- Proprietary Data
- Repro III
- Repro IV
- Repro V
- Privacy Impact Assessment
- Release Notes
- Archive Operations Team
Search and Retrieve Data
Advanced Data Services
- Synopsis of Services
- Footprint Service
- Chandra MOCs
- Chandra Source Catalog
- SDSS Cross-Match Catalog
- Bibliography Search
Archive User Services
- Synopsis of Services
- Processing Status
- Special Requests
- Dataset Identifiers
- Contributed Datasets
- CXO Papers Repository
Chandra Aggregated Datasets
Publishing Chandra Results
Data Analysis Links
- The archive is fully functional.
Reprocessing IV has been completed in December 2014.
- ASCDSVER: 10.11.1
- CALDBVER: 4.10.5
- Electrical Outage 11/05/21 - 11/06/21
There will be a planned electrical outage Friday, November 5 2021, 5:30PM - Saturday, November 6 2021, 6:00PM EDT. During this time period ChaSeR and other archive interfaces will be unavailable.
- Electrical Outage on 07/28/21
There will be a planned electrical outage Wednesday, July 28 2021, 8:00PM - 10:00PM EDT. During this time period ChaSeR and other archive interfaces will be unavailable.
- Downtime on 6/12/21
Due to electrical work, the public interfaces of the Chandra Data Archive will not be available on Saturday 6/12 from 4 AM to 9 PM.
- Repro V Begins
The fifth major reprocessing of the archive (Repro V) has started! Details can be found here.
- Past Notices
- 2001-09-18 Posting of 2000 merged data set
- 2007-12-20 Posting of 2007 merged data set
- 2008-01-30 Original posting of 2000, 2007 merged data sets
- 2008-05-01 Update: new 2007-only merged products
- 2010-08-20 Original posting of 2000, 2007, 2010 merged data sets; the individual 2000 and 2007 merged data sets were not replaced
- 2010-08-25 Update: the three individual 2000, 2007, and 2010 merged data sets, the full merged data set, and the byObsId data sets are now all consistent
- 2010-08-30 Update: downloads of 2010 data disabled due to a newly-discovered bug in processing; see Caution
- 2010-09-01 Update: Event file for ObsId 12218 replaced, new merged products, downloads re-enabled
The 2000, 2007, and 2010 data from the Chandra Deep Field South have been custom processed to register all 52 individual observations astrometrically. For more information, see the README file.
We offer these types of products for download:
- Merged tar file containing the merged event file, exposure map, and image
- By-ObsId tar file containing the event list and aspect solution for each of the individual ObsIds
- Full resolution linear three-color image of merged datasets
- Full resolution enhanced three-color image of merged datasets
- Smoothed enhanced three-color image of merged datasets
We kindly, but urgently, request that you include in the manuscript of any paper that may result from the use of these data the appropriate Dataset Identifier for the CDFS merged data: ADS/Sa.CXO#Contrib/ChandraDeepFieldS.
Optionally, you may want to also include the Dataset Identifier(s) for the individual archive data sets used for the merged products:
- 2000: ADS/Sa.CXO#DefSet/ChandraDeepFieldS1
- 2007: ADS/Sa.CXO#DefSet/ChandraDeepFieldS2
- 2010: ADS/Sa.CXO#DefSet/ChandraDeepFieldS3
|Product|| 2000, 2007,
|Merged tar file||tar file|
|By-ObsId tar file||tar file|
|Full resolution linear image||JPEG file|
|Full resolution enhanced image||JPEG file|
|Smoothed enhanced image||JPEG file|
|FITS image||FITS file||Archived Dataset Identifier(s): ADS/Sa.CXO#DefSet/ followed by:||
|Product||2000 data only||2007 data only||2010 data only|
|Merged tar file||tar file||tar file||tar file|
|By-ObsId tar file||tar file||tar file||tar file|
|Full resolution linear image||JPEG file||JPEG file||JPEG file|
|Full resolution enhanced image||JPEG file||JPEG file||JPEG file|
|Smoothed enhanced image||JPEG file||JPEG file||JPEG file|
|FITS image||FITS file||FITS file||FITS file|
|Archived Dataset Identifier(s): ADS/%nbsp;Sa.CXO#DefSet/ followed by:||ChandraDeepFieldS1||ChandraDeepFieldS2||ChandraDeepFieldS3|
Due to a problem with bad pixel processing in one of the 2010 CDFS observations (ObsId 12218), a small percentage of its events were improperly omitted in the CDFS merged dataset released on 20 August 2010, with Chandra Announcement 61. This involved almost 6000 events (out of 200,000) with Time > 392706012, CCD_ID = 0, and CHIPY < 512.
A corrected event file for ObsId 12218 was released on 1 September 2010, identified by N002. The 2010 and 2000-2007-2010 merged products were also regenerated, identified as N002, and released on the same date.
We caution that the problem may occur for this ObsId (12218) if a user re-runs acis_build_badpix or acis_run_hotpix (which calls acis_build_badpix), for example following the CIAO bad pixel science thread.